Above all, users are expected to be kind, helpful, and respectful. Assume the best of people and try to make things better. Users are encouraged to help others. If they know the answer to someone else’s question, it is greatly appreciated that they offer assistance.
If a user cannot follow the rules outlined below, their account will be blocked from posting. This is at our discretion.
- No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to competitor websites will be deleted immediately.
- Post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed.
- Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments will be deleted from the forum after two warnings are issued by moderators.
- Harassment. No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behavior is grounds for deletion from the forums. Do not harass, insult, taunt, provoke, demean, or personally attack other forum members. Be friendly even if others are not.
- Adult content. No profanity or pornography is allowed. Posts containing adult material will be deleted and users who uploaded it may be blocked.
- Illegal content. No re-posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted.
- Sensitive information. Don’t post any sensitive information. Do not post email addresses, or ask others to post their email. Do not post login information. Do not post another person’s private information (job, gender, living situation, location, etc).
- Advertising. Any thread that offers any service for money can be closed at any time. We are not against paid services but these forums are not the right place for them.
- Multiple accounts. Do not create multiple accounts.
- Do not post in all caps.
- Do not seek legal advice on the forums. We are not lawyers.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive. Every post is judged on its own merits and we reserve the right to remove any post and any user, at our discretion.